Visit me on Etsy, join my mailing list or become a Facebook fan.

Better yet, do all three!

Monday, August 5, 2013

Honey & Cinnamon Clay Mask

I have to say, insomnia is good for my blog. I can sure get some posting done while I ought to be sleeping.

So, anyway, yesterday I made a run over to a local natural market. It's the first time I've ever been in there (crazy, right!) but the closest one is 30 minutes away in crazy traffic. I just never get down there at all. I think I've discovered my mecca. I think I picked up every single bottle and jar in the place. While I was there I picked up some French Green Clay and a jar of local honey. So last night I decided to do a mask!

I'm not crazy about the masks you can buy at the supermarket. They are so chemically and pricey. Here's a super simple 3-ingredient mask that feels great. And if you accidentally get it too close to your mouth, it tastes like honey. Bonus!

2 tbsp. French Green Clay or your clay of choice
1 to 1 1/2 tsp raw honey
pinch or 2 of cinnamon

At my market, they had bulk green clay you could buy by the pound and they had pre-packaged jars. I bought a good-sized jar for $5. Cosmetic grade French Green Clay is used to draw out oils and toxins. It's also said to be good for toning and tightening pores.

Honey is moisturizing and naturally antibacterial and full of nutrients. Some people swear that it's great for acne-prone skin.

Cinnamon..well it smells great with the honey. But besides that, it is also antibacterial and it causes increased blood flow, which can help plump the skin (reduce the appearance of wrinkles) and make your skin rosy. It also works as a mild exfoliant while you rub on the mask.

Cinnamon can irritate your skin, especially if you have an cut or sore or if you are allergic to cinnamon. Even without that, you don't want to use it more than about once a week.

Monster Face!
 
Freaked my daughter out. She didn't run away, but she couldn't stop staring! Then she decided it was funny, lol.
 
 
So...about 20 minutes. I left mine on longer...I was folding laundry. A honey mask won't harden. Next time, the hair goes in a ponytail!
 
Try it! Hey, after you do, leave me a comment, here or on my facebook page, and let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment