Visit me on Etsy, join my mailing list or become a Facebook fan.

Better yet, do all three!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Button Elephant

Sometimes I just need a break from crochet. I know, I know, it's hard to believe. But it's true nonetheless.

So, what do you do on a crochet break? Craft something else, of course!

There's a project I've been meaning to do for a while, so I broke out my glue gun and here is the result:


Sorry for the blurry pic. I'll try for a better one later.)


I basically followed the fabulous tutorial by Busted Button.

I made a few very minor changes. I did not use her elephant outline; I did my own. I also put it on fabric in an embroidery hoop instead of on a frame. I like hoops. I thought about sewing the buttons on instead of gluing them, but then I wouldn't have been able to make more than one layer, which makes it more dense so less fabric shows through the buttons on the elephant. Plus the layering is super cute.

Overall, I like it. I wish I had made the yarn for the flowers (balloons?) a little straighter. I was trying to make it not quite straight and I ended up going too far the other way. But once it's glued, it's glued, so I'm calling it fine, lol.

It was also really quick. I did it all in one evening after my daughter went to bed. (Hot glue + 18-month-old = trouble)

This is now hanging in Sofia's room and it goes great with her paisley elephant curtains.

So.....I have two more embroidery hoops.......

No comments:

Post a Comment