Visit me on Etsy, join my mailing list or become a Facebook fan.

Better yet, do all three!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cookie-filled Sandwich Cookies

So I am waaaaaay behind. I had a stomach bug last weekend that just knocked me down. I can function through just about anything except a stomach bug. It's incredible how behind you can get in 3 days. It's like I'll never catch up.

On the bright side, we had food day at work. :)

I was going to make chocolate-chip dip...and then I decided I had a better idea.

You need:

1 box (8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips
2 boxes of chocolate chip cookies
almond bark


Set out the butter and cream cheese to soften. Or, if you're like me, buy them at the store and make these as soon as you get home, lol. Cream the butter and cream cheese in a medium bowl. You can use a mixer, but I used a fork. Apparently the amount of time it takes for me to finish shopping, driver home and unload groceries is just enough to get cream cheese soft enough to mix with a fork.

Stir in the brown sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla.


 
 

Once these are well mixed, stir in the chocolate chips. You can stop here and use it as dip if you want, for graham crackers or pretzels or whatever. But trust me, if you continue on, you will not regret it.
 
If you are feeling really ambitious, you can make your own chocolate cookies. At 9:00 at night, I was definitely going for store-bought.
 
Spoon a thin-ish layer onto half the cookies and top with the other half.


Lotsa cookies! (Please excuse the glaring foil pics. Found out I was out of parchment paper after I got back from the store.)



 
Leaving them like this is great, but for food day, I wanted to pretty them up a little bit.


So I half-dipped them in chocolate almond bark. I don't have a double-boiler, but I have two saucepan that work ok.
 
Perfect!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment