Visit me on Etsy, join my mailing list or become a Facebook fan.

Better yet, do all three!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Infinity? Or just a circle?

So....I crochet. I love scarves, circle scarves and cowls. Kinda comes with the territory. One of my very best sellers is a cowl. It's good for me that they are trendy right now.

What I don't understand is how circle scarves are now all marketed as infinity scarves. In my mind, an infinity scarf is a mobius. Circle scarves are great, I love them. But not when they are called infinity scarves.

I know, I know. It's very nitpick-y of me. Maybe it's because I like things to be what they say they are. Maybe it's because the geeky me likes the idea of a mobius. Maybe it's because I spend an unhealthy amount of time on the internet looking at scarves. (Ok, so it's probably that.)

I think an infinity scarf is a mobius and a circle scarf is a circle. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment