Sunday, May 25, 2014
10 Things I Love About Two
Check out my post 10 Things I Hate About Two from last week.
My daughter is two and a half right now. There are definitely some things about this age that I will not miss. But there are some things I think I will always miss. The was I miss her toothless grins and how she was so proud when she took two or three steps successfully.
10. Holidays. Seriously fun. Last year she opened presents and hunted eggs and dressed in a Halloween costume. This year she's starting to get it. She remembers who Santa Claus is. She also gets excited about giving presents. Really cool.
9. Mommy is the master problem-solver. And all of her problems are easy to fix. Mommy's kisses make the owies better and chocolate milk and a cuddle can pretty much fix anything at this age. I don't imagine that'll last too much longer.
8. Fia kiss it? Yep, she kisses my owies. And if I cry (Yeah, I cry sometimes. I'm a girl. Comes with the territory.) she hugs me and rubs my face and tells me it's ok. There really is something to "kiss it and make it better."
7. Pretending. She's not around other kids much, but she's picked right up on pretending. She's done dramatic play stuff for a while - taking care of babies mostly. But it's been copying what she sees other people do, now she's started really pretending. It's a lot of fun.
6. Mommy's little helper. She wants to do chores. Some of them she's not particularly helpful at. Dishes for example. She loves to "wash fishes" but mostly she just splashes water around. But she also puts away her own shoes and toys and she's a good fetcher if you need something from across the roon. That's another one I don't expect to last much longer.
5. Cuddle bug. Yes, sometimes it can be annoying that she wants to be where I am all the time. But I also love that she wants to be with me all the time. And she loves to cuddle, which is good by me. There's not much in this world that is better than Sofia cuddles.
4. Easygoing and easy to please. When she's with me she asks to watch The Office or Spike (Fia-speak for Psych). When she's with her Papi she asks to watch Everybody Loves Raymond or the A-Team. When she's with her Papaw she asks to watch Spiderman or Green Lantern. She's got some favorites of her own - I've seen Frozen twice today - but mostly we get to watch what we want. She also likes to go to the store, visit friends or family, go on car rides, go on bike rides....she's very companionable. Life is easier in a lot of ways than it was when she was a little baby and I imagine easier than it will be when she's a preteen and doesn't want to anything.
3. Noticing the world. At night she looks for the moon outside. When she meets a stranger she says "Hi. How are you doing?" She notices birds, flowers, trees...It's amazing watching her connect with the world in new ways.
2. The laughs. She is sooo funny. Every day she does something else funny. Yesterday at the grocery store, she took my hand in both of hers, looked at me very seriously and said "Don't feel it." If you've never seen Frozen, that will make absolutely no sense, lol. Or a while back she was in trouble and I told her she needed to listen to Mommy. She said, "Listen to Mommy." I said, "That's right. Mommy is your boss." She said, "Mommy is bossy." And I had to keep a straight face because she was in trouble. Wasn't easy.
1. The cuteness. Seriously? Just look at that face!